What is Weight Loss?
Weight loss refers to the reduction in overall body weight, which can be either voluntary, such as dieting or exercising regularly.
In many cases of weight loss, it is found that weight loss occurs as a result of a loss of body fat. Still, there can be different reasons like the quantity of protein, and another substance is insufficient, and this is the scenario for people who have suffered from extreme weight loss.
Examples of involuntary weight loss include the weight loss associated with cancer, malabsorption (such as from chronic diarrheal illnesses), and chronic inflammation (such as with rheumatoid arthritis).
What is Fat Loss?
Fat loss refers to the reduction in Body fat.
Reducing the fat in the body is something everybody wants to achieve.
This process is more specific as compared to the concept of weight loss.
In this, the types of food we consume hold uttermost importance because that will help us control our calories.
The process of fat loss requires controlling your diet as well as practising some specific exercises.
Types of Body fat
1. Essential body fat
- Essential body fat is the type of body fat that is required for the optimal and proper functioning of the human body.
- This is the least or necessary amount of fat that everybody requires for their day to day functioning.
2. Non-essential body fat
- Non- Essential Body Fat falls under the category of the fat, which is not necessary for our body.
- Our body can manage without this fat, which further implies that it comes under the category of extra fat.
- This fat is stored in adipose tissue and is also known by the name, Storage fat.
- This is the Fat that we need to reduce.
Ways to reduce body fat at home
1. Practice Strength Training very often
- This is a type of exercise where you have to contract your muscles against resistance.
- It helps in building muscle mass and increases the strength of your body.
- Strength training usually involves lifting weights to gain muscle over time.
- Not just burning fat, but this kind of training comes with many health benefits.
- Start your routine with this training to see changes in your body.
2. Follow a High-Protein Diet
- Adding more protein-rich foods in your diet is an effective way to reduce your appetite and burn more fat.
- Various studies have indicated how consumption of high-quality protein can help in reducing belly fat in our body and help us in staying fit.
- Another study suggests how a high-protein diet can help preserve muscle mass and metabolism during weight loss.
3. Sleep a bit more than usual
- Sleeping a little early and waking up a little late can shockingly help boost fat burning and prevent weight gain.
- Various studies have found a link between getting enough sleep and weight loss.
- Studies show that sleep and losing belly fat are interrelated.
- A study on 68,183 came with results showing women who have slept for five hours or less than that for one night are more prone to gain weight in comparison to those who slept for longer than seven hours per night.
4. Add Vinegar to Your Diet
- Vinegar is very famous for its health benefits.
- Studies say that Vinegar can be used in burning fat except for its health benefits on the body, like controlling the sugar level in the body.
- Consuming vinegar has also shown to increase the feelings of fullness and reduce appetite.
- Hence you can stay more positive and happy and feel more fit and healthy.
5. Eat More Healthy Fats
- This can sound stupid, but increasing your intake of healthy fats may help prevent weight gain and help you maintain the feeling of fullness.
- When we consume more and more fats, our body takes extra time as compared to the healthy food to digest and clear out the toxins, which can eventually decrease appetite level and hunger in our body.
- A recent study suggests how adapting a healthy Mediterranean diet can increase your chances of losing weight.
6. Drink Coffee
- Caffeine is considered as one of the main ingredients for burning fat in the body.
- Caffeine is generally found in coffee, which further acts like the central nervous system stimulant, which speeds up the process of metabolism and boosts the breakdown of fatty acids in the body.
- Various studies have proved that caffeine intake can temporarily increase energy expenditure and enhance metabolism by 3–11%.
7. Practice more Cardio
- Aerobic exercise or Cardio is one of the most common forms of exercise and is defined as any type of activity that focuses specifically on the heart and lungs.
- Adding cardio to your routine may be one of the most effective ways to enhance fat burning.
- It can burn fat and thus can lead to the proper functioning of the body.
- It is proved that exercises also help in reducing stress and anxiety.
- It can also be a great mood uplifter and can increase your appetite and keep you fit and positive.
- For example, one review of 16 studies found that the more aerobic exercise people got, the more belly fat they lost.
8. Drink Healthier Beverages
- Wiping out sugar-sweetened drinks or even food items from your diet can change your lifestyle and can also help you burn fat.
- For example, sugar-sweetened beverages like soda and juice are packed with calories and offer little nutritional value.
- Sugar is very unhealthy for your body and thus increases the belly fat too.
- Alcohol is a package of calories which has adverse effects on our lungs, and it also has the added effect of lowering your inhibitions and thereby making you more likely to overeat.
9. Add Probiotics to Your Diet
- Probiotics are a type of beneficial bacteria found in your digestive tract that is proven to have good effects on your body.
- In fact, this bacterium just not has a crucial role in fitness and improving the overall body but also has its effects on your mental health.
- All in all this bacteria provides strength to your immune system to fight diseases and also works on improving your mental health.
10. Keep fruits and vegetables on the priority list
- Don’t just focus on increasing the consumption of Protein but make fruits and vegetables a part of your daily list.
- These fruits and vegetables are an excellent source of nutrients and can provide various health benefits if consumed daily.
- It’s generally recommended to consume about five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Set an aim for one to two servings of fruit, and the rest should be vegetables.
11. Eat fermented foods
- Fermented foods, such as organic kefir, organic yogurt, and sauerkraut, are excellent sources of good bacteria.
- The benefits of good bacteria in the body also helps the intestines to maintain a healthy weight.
- Intake of probiotics can help in managing stress.
12. Focus on consuming more and more water daily
- An individual should drink 8-10 glasses of water on an average daily.
- Avoid Drinks with large quantities of sugar like sodas, juices, or energy drinks as they will add calories to your diet and may increase body fat.
13. Reduce the number of grains you eat
- Another way to reduce your body fat is to look upon the intake of grains and try cutting it as much as possible.
- These carbohydrate-rich foods can slow down the reduction of body fat.
- Carbohydrates rich food items like bread, rice, pastries, sweets, pasta, crackers, chips, English muffins, and bagels should be avoided.
- Food items like these are highly processed, and also the amount of Nutrition they contain is minimal, which increases the chances of rising blood sugar level and storage of fat.
How can we measure body fat and body weight
- Bodyweight can be easily measured with the help of weighing scales.
- These weighing scales do not mention anything about your health, whether you are healthy or not.
- Body fat can be measured through Body fat charts, and body fat percentage can be measured through anthropometric techniques.
- Measuring both body weight and body fat is essential, but when we measure body fat, it gives us a more detailed and explained report of our body.
Weight loss refers to the reduction in overall body weight, which can be either on a voluntary basis such as dieting or exercising regularly.
Fat loss is the loss of body fat.
Fat loss is more specific as compared to weight loss.
Weight loss can be measured by weighing scales, and body fat can measure through body fat charts.
Body fat percentage can be measured through anthropometric techniques.
There are various ways to reduce body fat at home, like:
- Get enough water.
- Take more sleep
- Higher intake of protein
- Practice cardio
- Strength training.